We Started With A Vision...
In the summer of 1925 a group of dedicated Christians gathered to organize a church family. After much prayer they agreed upon the name of Westside Baptist Church. The church would gather in a storefront at the corner of Magnolia Street and Sunset Avenue in Northwest Atlanta, Georgia, later relocating to 680 Rhodes Street continuing to serve and praise GOD in the Northwest Atlanta area.
They left their legacy and footprints that others continued to follow because it was established and ordained by GOD and is being implemented by and through faithful, devoted and dedicated members: while those visionaries have since transitioned on to be with the LORD, our Father in Heaven. Their efforts allowed New Westside to continue in the faith and remain focused upon serving Northwest Atlanta through family ministry. In 1962 the church relocated to 2567 Baker Road where it continues to operate, and subsequently changed its name to New Westside Baptist Church.
Since its inception the church has had several servant leaders to lead this great Body of Believers; The Rev. James H. Matthews 1935-1960 (deceased), Rev. Harold Matthews 1960-2007 (deceased), Rev. Ronald Hill, Sr. 2008-2011 and our current Pastor and Teacher Rev. James E. Talton, II 2014 to Present. We have also had other associates and dedicated men of GOD to assist in the growth of our church, Rev. James Tigner (deceased), Rev. Alfonza Mitchell, Sr., and the Rev. Eddie Dial, just to name a few.